"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." - John 14:18

Monday, August 15, 2011

Thank You!


Well, thanks to a bunch of you being sweet enough to buy coffee, tank tops & hats we were able to deposit $505 into our adoption fund this week! I am so humbled by your generosity and your willingness to help us be a part of bringing B & Z home. I feel a little Blanche DuBois-y..."Whoever you are, I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"...only you are not strangers & I am, hopefully, not on my way to being committed ;) Remind me I said that when we have 6 kids running around!

Last week was a good, good week for our little family. We had a fantastic visit with my Vegemite eating, Banjo playing, Bluegrass loving Aussie best friend, Sharm. I cannot say enough things about "what a good kid that Sharm is" as Mike likes to say. She makes me laugh. Hard. We bought matching sparkly pink leopard print wallets (my first animal print purchase...glitter improves EVERYTHING), toured the Gap Cave, ate Tim Tams & bbq'd (not shrimp).

Last week we also got some SUPER encouraging, big step forward news about our adoption! A power outage in Kampala has caused a little bump in the road but, God willing, I should have something super special to share with you soon.

Thank you again to our family & friends who made last week so encouraging for us. We are so lucky.


No comments:

Post a Comment