"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." - John 14:18

Friday, April 15, 2011

What Faith Can Do

I was just noticing on our LilyPie ticker that it was a year ago today that we started our adoption journey. One year ago Uganda wasn't even a blip on my radar. I had seen the movie "The Last King of Scotland" but mostly because I love Forest Whitaker. So it is pretty safe to say that I knew Uganda existed...and not a whole lot more. Fast forward one year, one amazing God, and one baby's home full of some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen and I find that half of my heart is in a country that I was barely aware of 365 days ago. Not a day goes by now that I do not think of Uganda, its people, its bright spirit, its need, its beauty and its children. Not a day goes by that I don't anxiously check my email (approximately 8,000 times) to see if it contains the pictures of the children or child who we will have the privilege of calling our own. I dream of being able to see Lake Victoria, visiting the markets, taking in the streets of Kampala and of finally, finally being able to take into our arms these children who have gone through more in their short lives than I have in nearly 4 decades. I will be honest, the waiting is getting really tough, but how worth the wait are these perfect children? How long would I wait, how hard would I try, how many papers would I fill out, how much money would I raise if I knew it was Grace waiting for a home? Or Hattie? Or Mabel? Or Essie? It is every child's basic right to have a family and we are so thankful that our family has been chosen for this purpose. Praise God.

So, in honor of that country I am dreaming of and those millions of sweet children waiting for families to call their own, I encourage you to visit "Bunnies for Bugembe". It works just like Tom's Shoes - you buy a bunny for a child you love and a child in Uganda gets the same bunny. One for one. How beautiful is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment