"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." - John 14:18

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Praying for His Will


It has been a month since my last post but the weather has been conspiring against us! I stayed home for Christmas break with the girleens and then stayed home some more...and some more because we got snowed in up on the mountain! I was so thankful for the extra time with the chix but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I had a *wee* bit of cabin fever!

Since my last post things have been moving along really well for us in our adoption. After we had an approved homestudy we sent our application off to USCIS (immigration) and within a few days got a notice saying it had been received and a few days after that we got a notice letting us know our fancy fingerprinting would be done in Nashville on Feb. 8th!! However, between sending off our app. and right now we have been praying about God moving in a big way in our lives and our adoption. I am not ready to share just yet what is on our hearts but, if you could please keep us in your prayers that we follow God's will for our lives and for this adoption, we would be so grateful. It means a little more paperwork and possibly a little more waiting but we feel that God has prepared the way and trust in Him to lead us down this passage.

In other news, I still haven't posted pictures from Hattie's 10th birthday. Oy. Above is one to wet your whistle and give you a sneak peek at her party theme. I also haven't posted Christmas pix...or sent out my Christmas cards...but I have spent a lot of time loving up on my girls and lovingly completing paperwork for our adoption so I am not going to be too tough on myself.

Lastly, a BIG round of applause for our Hattie and our Essie! They are both Good Citizens this month in their grades! We know our girls are the bee's knees but it is always nice to have someone else give them the thumbs up, too.

Because this post has been a bit random and all over the place I am signing off with my current favorite song, "You Are More" by 10th Avenue North. I love it's message that you are not defined by bad choices. That is what I try and instill in the girls I mentor - you are good person who is making bad choices which does NOT make you a bad person. Enjoy :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment