"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." - John 14:18

Monday, August 9, 2010

We Will Serve You While We're Waiting


Patience. This is so not my strong suit. We have completed all of the paperwork for our home study (HOORAY!) but now we have to get a loan from the bank to pay for it. That means 4 more weeks of waiting...big sigh. I can look back on my life and see that God's timing was perfect every single time - no exceptions, but, as I move forward in my life I always struggle against His timing. August is a tough month anyway with 5 birthdays in our immediate family and getting the kids all the gear to head back to school, add to that a broken water pump (and no water at the house - yuck!) that has to be replaced, waiting on this loan to come through and living in a rain forest-like climate in our normally temperate state...well, you probably get the picture, I am not the best me I can be. It is at times like this that I need to step back and take in all of the blessings in my life and, boy (or should I say girl!), there are a lot of them. I have been blessed in spades and then some and, as has been our mantra for 13 years of marriage "If money is our worst problem then we are probably doing okay". So today I choose love, today I choose joy, today I choose peace & patience & kindness. Today I choose faithfulness. Today I choose gentleness. Today I choose self-control. Today I choose to see the good in others, to count my blessings and to open my eyes to the need around me. Today I choose to go where He sends me knowing He has prepared the way (but I could probably use a prayer or two because, I am serious, that patience thing is REALLY tough for me!).

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace. And then when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest." - Max Lucado

2 comments:

  1. Oh Libby, I am over-the-moon thrilled for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Cher - that means a lot to me. Adoption really requires you to walk by faith - a lesson I seem to have to relearn every day but we feel like the luckiest people on earth right now and we are continually astonished by just how good God is :o)

    ReplyDelete